endgame one : death ritual
daevid allen, 04/2005
where conscious self sacrifice is undertaken to let go of what I have to achieve something I have only dreamed.
- to take the selfish melodrama out of death & celebrate the soul's release.
- to deconstruct the stereotype of purrfect cosmetic teenage beauty.
- to birth the notion that old bodies have their own beauty.
- to find inventive & obvious ways of embarrassing oneself thru art.
- the death ritual should be set as climax to a sequence of several contrasting free soundscape improvisations flowing in and around several seven minute prerecorded sound forests.
- In fact, this prerecorded undergrowth can be introduced & withdrawn according to the aesthetic pleasure of the D DAY D JAY chosen for that performance.
- max wilcox guitarism & altitude
- kavi samut extratexturalism & angel anchors
- misbah freesong & alarming passions
- dada alien (daevid allen) glissandi madamentoro & dead body
- dada: I saw myself dead & wished to design my own dying. I wished to hear my life & all its singing rush right past me. I wished to be washed & demagnetized, sung free & purified, cleansed & scented by scattered petals.
- Then I wished to be loudly & simultaneously praised & cursed for my helpings & hinderings.
- Then I wished to be given to the deepest well of highest consciousness for seven minutes.
- successful sexual stimulation.
- spectacular combinations of herbs by medicine (wo) man
- uproarious group laughter
Should one of these three strategies raise me to interaction then I shall rise again.
Otherwise I'm dead man, you can turn off the quarter inch tape.
Should I revive, I am free to clothe myself as a paradox
& symbolize the two opposing elements of my reborn self.
Once demonstrated thus, the new self is free to begin.