Gong Cakes A cake for the Master Builder!
- 3 eggs
- 1 litre buttermilk
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate)
- 2 teaspoon horn sal (salt)
- 1 litre plain flour
- Whisk together eggs and sugar.
- Add baking soda and salt.
- Add melted butter and buttermilk.
- Add flour until dough is tough, but a little soggy.
- Form into balls, roll in flour.
- Cook on a dry pan on middle heat, turning some times. Don't burn!
- Serve with vanilla kesam (quark), berries, or jam.
Ulf a Pettersen
- regular bread dough
- roll dough into balls, flatten into ~10cm (4") rounds, let rise
- bake on dry frying pan on low heat
- butter and sugar while still hot
- tear with fingers - do not cut!