Wakyo WKYCD013 (2008) Japan
Japanese edition of System 7 2008 album with a totally different cover - content is identical to the UK version. Interesting to see the full-on Manga illustration of the Phoenix. It was felt that cover would not resonate or mean as much outside Japan, so the 'Phoenix above the Earth' cover was created for the rest of the world.
The Phoenix music portrays, in a variety of ways, travel through time and space, life, death and rebirth, each track inspired by characters or images from the books. System 7 have also worked on these tracks with a number of musical collaborators including Jam el Mar (of Jam and Spoon), Son Kite, Eat Static, Slack Baba, daevid allen of Gong and Mito from the Japanese band Clammbon.
There is an additional collaboration between System 7 and Japanese animation team Mu-Magic, including manga animators famous internationally for work on "Animatrix" - which resulted initially in a beautiful promotional video clip for the track "Hinotori". Shrink-wrapped jewel case with obi. Samples of all tracks on a-wave
- Space Bird collaboration with Jam El Mar
- Scramble collaboration with Slack Baba
- Masato Eternity collaboration with Jam El Mar
- Song For The Phoenix
- Strange Beings collaboration with daevid allen
- Chihiro 61298 collaboration with Son Kite
- Makimura - Space Pilot collaboration with Mito
- Wolf-Head collaboration with Eat Static
- Hinotori Mu-°C Magic video