- Gong Uncon DVDs
- The arrival of the magical Glissando Guitar Orchestrae - Seven Drones DVD sees four of the planned five DVDs from the 2006 Amsterdam Gong Family Unconvention now available. We await the Steve Hillage Band DVD which should be released soon.
- Gilli Smyth - Nitrogen Dreams / daevid allen - Gong Dreaming 2
- Two books waiting in the wings - due out before the year's end. A marvelous compendium of most of Gilli Smyth's published (and many unpublished) works to date, as well as the second part of daevid's personal Gong myth/history covering the years 69 to 75. Both illustrated with rarely seen photographs, drawings, posters and much more. A pre-ordering offer will appear very soon.
- Gong and daevid allen on BYG Records
- The web-site hosts an illustrated pretty hard-core record collecting article on BYG Records. Full of detail unearthed and pieced together by co-author Steve Gay and myself - so many more releases than expected. Ah those black plastic discs in cardboard overcoats.
- After the splendidly uplifting Gong concerts in London in June with Steve Hillage and Miquette Giraudy on-board the mother-ship, and where new material was premiered, plans are being incubated right now for next year. I can say no more, but the 40th year of this delightfully adventurous and decidedly odd family may prove to be a remarkable one indeed - hang on to your heads.
GLISSANDO GUITAR ORCHESTRAE
The Seven Drones @ Gong Uncon '06 (DVD)
Essential. Perhaps the best DVD to come out of the Amsterdam Uncon. An experimental, aural, visual, infomational and spirited adventure unlike anything else anywhere. Master practitioners of the art of glissando guitar together - daevid, Steve Hillage, Steffe, Harry Williamson, Brain Zero, Fabio Golfetti, Jerry Bewley, Steve Higgins, Makoto and Josh Pollock - will it ever happen again?
daevid allen and MicroKosmic
Sacred Geometry 3 (CD) listen in
Third and most welcome helping of luscious and deeply relaxing glissando guitar and synth from daevid and Mikey - each one gets better and the first one hit the spot.
Live @ the Gong Family Unconventional Gathering (DVD)
Live au Triton 2007 (DVD)
daevid, Hugh Hopper and Chris Cutler, featuring Didier Malherbe. 37 minutes (3 tracks) of mind-exploding music + a 52 minute documentary from this most accomplished and inventive of Gong family bands.
- Didier Malherbe & Hadouk Trio
- Fri 07 Nov - France, Lavelanet (Ariege), Jazzvelanet - Hadouk Trio
Le Casino 2, Rue Gaspard Astrié - 09110 Ax les Thermes - 8.45pm. Tel: 05 61 64 20 93
- Sat 08 Nov - France, Nevers - Hadouk Trio
Maison de la Culture, 2, bd Pierre de Coubertin 58000 Nevers - 8.30
- Thr 13 Nov - France, Le Portel, Festival Tendances Cote d'Opale, Salle Yves Montand - Hadouk Trio
Av de Béthune 62480 le Portel - 8.30pm
- Fri 14/Sat 15 Nov - France, Dunkerque, Festival Tendances Cote d'Opale, Jazz Club de Dunkerque - Hadouk Trio
Pôle Marine - 59140 Dunkerque - 8.30pm
- Wed 19 Nov - France, Paris, Satellit Café - Didier Malherbe and Renaud Gillet
44, rue de la Folie Méricourt - 75011 Paris
- Fri 21 Nov - France, Limoges, Festival Eclats d'Email Jazz, Théâtre de l'Union - Hadouk Trio
48, rue Jean Jaurès - 8.30pm
- Sat 29 Nov - France, Aulnay-sous-Bois, Le Cap, Festival Africolor - Hadouk Trio
with the Nabil Bali Orchestra. 8.30pm
- Sat 29 Nov - France, Acheres, Le Sax, Festival Africolor - Hadouk Trio
with the Nabil Bali Orchestra. 8.30pm
- SPACE RITUAL
- Sat 29 Nov - UK, Glastonbury, Assembly Rooms
Not strictly immediate Gong Family, but at least second cousins… Space Ritual, (with a possible local support band providing opening slot…) Elemental SoundSystem and Striking Lighting will be providing the hardwear, the Mighty Thunder Rider (Uncle Nik Turner to thee'n'me), and fellow hashassins will be providing a classic Hawkwind® and beyond set… with a few surprises.
- Including Tim Blake on tour with the mighty Hawkwind in the UK and a special benefit at the 100 Club in London on 14th December for Hugh Hopper who has been very unwell. More news on the web-site Gig/Event section and the next news.