Gong return with a new line up and their first album since 2009 (2032) … an album that really deserves to be heard- Room 13
Studio recordings… and sadly daevid and Gilli's last Gong album - and what a way to bow out! There is so much to enjoy on this album of many levels, with stunningly good tracks, that I cannot imagine any Gong devotee will be disappointed. The samples sing out for themselves, and I could have easily chosen almost any random minutes from the tracks and the quality would shine through.
Packaging is a digipak affair with an illustrated 28 page booklet which the label call a 'media pack' - no I have no idea either what that is, but there's lots of it and it looks very stylish. Also on 2LP
- I See You d. allen, O. Allen, D. Sturt
- Occupy d. allen, I. East, D. Sturt
- When God Shakes Hands With The Devil d. allen, K. Torabi
- The Eternal Wheel Spins F. Golfetti, O. Allen
- Syllabub d. allen, D. Sturt, I. East
- This Revolution d. allen, D. Sturt, I. East
- You See Me d. allen, O. Allen, D. Sturt, I. East, F. Golfetti, K. Torabi
- Zion My T-shirt d. allen, D. Sturt
- Pixielation I. East, d. allen
- A Brew Of Special Tea O. Allen
- Thank You d. allen
- Shakti Yoni & Dingo Virgin d. allen, G. Smyth
- Dada Ali (daevid allen) glissando guitar, vocals
- Flamedog Alien (Orlando Allen) drums, vocals on 'The Eternal Wheel Spins'
- Eastwinds (Ian East) saxs, flute
- Fabuloso Golfcart (Fabio Golfetti) guitars, glissando guitar
- Unicorn Strut (Dave Sturt) bass, samples
- Spiral K. Octoflash (Kavus Torabi) guitar, vocals
- Gilli Smyth space whisper
- Engineered, mixed and produced by Orlando Monday Allen at Flamedog Records Studios and the Bananamoon Observatory Studios Australia.
- Additional production by Dave Sturt and daevid allen.
- Mastered by Udi Koomran at Ginger Studio, Tel Aviv (Additional production on daevid's vocal on Track 11, 'Thank You').
- Rhythm section for tracks 1 2 4 7 9 11 recorded by Alex Angeloni, at Mosh Studios, Sâo Paulo, Brazil.
- All saxes and woodwinds recorded remotely by Ian East in his own studio.
- Gliss Guitar on 'Shakti Yoni and Dingo Virgin' recorded by Toby Robinson at Moat Studios, London, UK.