Gong UnConventional Gathering
De Melkweg is one of Amsterdam's premiere venues with several stages and an in house cafe and restaurant. It is an audience friendly and intimate-feeling venue, despite having a capacity of 1200 - it would be more accurate to describe it as Amsterdam's art-centre than some regular old rock venue. It hosted some legendary gigs with Gong in the soaring seventies and in fact, for daevid Alien, the venue became the model for his inner and outer temple symbolism in the zero mythology - there are few more appropriate Gong venues.
We will be using 'The Max', which is the Melkweg's main modern auditorium, and 'The Old Hall', which is alongside the Max and was the original performance area in the 70's. So there will be plenty of space for everything, including just being together - a melting feast in fact.
- address :
- Lijnbaansgracht 234a
1017 PH Amsterdam
- facilities :
- there is a staffed cloakroom at a charge of €1.00 per item
- there is a restaurant/cafe, 'Eat at Joes', inside the venue serving a range of food including vegetarian and vegan selections
- the prices of the Melkweg's bars are very reasonable, an indication is about €2.00 for a beer
- smoking is permitted in The Max and The Old Hall
- please note :
- you are expected to read and abide by the venue's conditions of entry
be seeing you…